Friday, December 16, 2011

Our House!

We are starting to finally look like we live here. We closed on November 30th and the household goods were delivered the following monday (5th). Lots of unpacking and eating at home has been happening. 1. because we need to unpack 2. because I missed cooking for my little family of 2. While in Ohio I tried to make meals for myself but I hate leftovers and I'm not very good at making a meal for just 1 person. So I have enjoyed making dinner every night for the two of us. We had a little (ok large) issue with the HHG this time. They broke/scratched/destroyed/lost around $8,000 worth of our things. To name a few our desk was destroyed, my grandparents organ was broken, they lost our dining, spare and patio tables. This is just the major ones, there was much more. We are almost done unpacking boxes, just have the box of China (I won't unpack it, I can't take finding something else important to me broken), the office/spare room assortment of things (this is a challenge since our desk and book shelf were both destroyed and we have no where to put everything other than on the floor), and then the boxes of things in the garage. The good news is we are on the downhill part of unpacking.

Other than unpacking and cleaning we haven't had the chance to do much as far as exploring the city and being social. We did go to a El Paso Rhinos Hockey game the other night(it was military night!) The area was about the size if not smaller than the Chiller in Ohio. It was fun to get out and do something though. We left during the beginning of the 3rd period since the Rhinos were up 4-1. Tonight we are going to UTEP's performance of A Christmas Carol put on my the theater and dance department after we go out to eat at P.F. Changs. I'm pretty excited:-) Date night!

This weekend we are celebrating our Christmas with just the two of us since we will be in Ohio for Christmas. Then we are going to go landscape shopping to hopefully get rocks/grass/plants to make it look pretty outside and not just muddy. I'm sure it will be a constant change of ideas of how we want it to look but for now we are sticking to the basics. Rock front yard with some plants, a possible wall thing and pavers to make walkways to the gates on either side of the house. The back yard will be grass with some rock along the sides of the house and patio. There will also be a tree in the back right corner of the yard because the neighbors there have a balcony and we want to try and block it a little. Robbie would eventually like to have an outdoor kitchen like thing and a fire pit, I want a pool :-) We will see what we end up with, but at least we have plenty of time to work on it (at least 2 more years! thats forever in the Army!)

We have also been making a list of things that need repaired by the builder, getting our security system put it (I feel super safe alone during the day now :-)...) The only other thing that needs to be done is to have a bug guy come and spray. We haven't had too much of a problem other than a few large grasshoppers (just found one in our room on the bathroom door, not a fan) but there are scorpions out here and we have been told that its best to get the house sprayed just in case. I can deal with the occasional grasshopper but not scorpions. That is a big negative.

Here are a few pictures of the house before we got our stuff. Once its unpacked and looks normal I will get some updated ones

Fire place

Kitchen

I love the light fixtures

Laundry room

 Garage storage

Looking into the living room

From the dining room

At the top of the stairs

Master closet

Master bedroom

Master bath

GLORIOUS!

Shower

Office/spare room

spare bath

Spare room #2

Well I think that is it for now, I hope everyone is doing well and we can't wait to see you at Christmas time!

No comments:

Post a Comment