Sunday, April 1, 2012

Yard and house update!

We have been working on a few things that we want to get done before Robbie leaves the past couple of days. Friends of ours came over yesterday and helped with the yard and then we fed them dinner :-) I thought I would give a quick update on what we have been doing! 


Robbie wore gloves and he appeared to have gotten a little tan....it was only dirt. Poor guy haha

I would rake sections into long rows and he would scoop them up and put the dirt and rock into a sifter...

I just put the table up yesterday afternoon and this is what it looks like after 2 days of yard work and wind. I will be taking the hose to it later when we are done 

The left rock wall so far. We are putting one on either side of the yard against the back wall. Inside the little area will be a tree and some flowers. The rest will be grass (it is being delivered friday) and Robbie wants to also add a fire pit. 

I dug this rock up when we were putting the rocks into the sifter. Its a piece that would have been used for the rock wall/fences out here

The sifter Robbie made. After a day and a half of filling shaking and carrying over to the rock dumping area he discovered that it was easier to put the wheel barrel there and flip it in that. He just got a good work out carrying it back and forth so much. We had a good laugh from this :-)
This is after raking, shoveling and sifting the yard...
Getting ready to put on the hardware!!
New hardware!!

This is on the large wall in our living room. It is missing pictures of Alan and Jen, Faith and Tom, Mark and Carolyn, but our large picture paper was destroyed by the movers so I need to go get more and then they will be added :-)
Above our bed
My socks after working in the yard ha
This is the pile of rocks that we dug up and removed from the yard...

Sorry about them being out of order, I uploaded them on my phone and for some reason it put them in this order :-/ We are excited to have crossed so many things off our to do list this weekend since Robbie leaves in a little over a week. Some things on the list are going to wait until he gets back but we were wanting to get most of the yard done and a few things around the house. Only other things left are to put the bike and kayak racks up in the garage to make room for both cars. Its been really busy in the Wells household and we will probably crash tonight after all this work but it feels great to get it done! 

Robbie has been informed that he can go to the April F-model (new version of the Chinook) course. He will be gone for a while then this summer he is on the list to take command of a Chinook unit here at Ft. Bliss. We are both really excited for this next adventure. Robbie will also be going to NTC (pre deployment training) later this year then they are going to deploy for 9 months next year. I will be taking over the company FRG and taking care of the spouses and families of the soldiers. We joke that we are gaining 52 children :-) There will be lots to take care of and make sure go as smoothly as possible for both of us but we can't wait to see what the future holds for us with this new adventure.

I am going to visit him for a little while around my birthday but for the most part will just stay here so the house doesn't sit empty for that long. I have made a few new friends so that will be wonderful when he is gone and I need someone to hang out with. I also plan on trying to get involved with the new FRG that I will be taking over. Sort of a follow the current leader around so I can understand and learn as much as possible before taking over. My goal is to make this experience one of the best I can. FRG's don't have the greatest rep with many spouses, but I hope to change their minds :-) 

We also are very excited for the arrival of our nephew later this month. Our plan is that I will fly into Columbus and he will meet me there later. As of now it looks like tickets are cut in half if I go for a week. Robbie will only have friday-monday. He will be in classes kind of like the Career course so there isn't an opportunity to take off with leave time, only 4 day passes.  We still don't know if this will be happening, but hope to find out more once he gets to Rucker and a few days of training. This summer will be really busy with him preparing for Command and NTC so we won't have a chance to go to Ohio until Christmas. So cross all fingers and toes that he will get a 4 day weekend for Memorial day and we can come home! We are also very excited to use this time to see family and friends:-) 

Well I think that is it for now, I hope each and every one of you are doing well! We miss you all very much. Seeing the updated pictures around the house not only reminds us of you but makes us smile to see these great memories to get us through until the next time we can come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment