Sunday, November 11, 2012

Elphie Aurora (and a quick update on us)

Woah! WAY too long since I've updated this! So sorry :-/ So first I will start with a quick update on Robbie and I. I have been busy with school and being an FRG leader. School is going well, I was just inducted into Alpha Chi College Honor Society a few weeks ago. Being an FRG leader is time consuming but I really enjoy it! I get to meet all sorts of new people who are (for the most part) going through similar things. I also get to help people out with many different types of things which I GREATLY enjoy! I love being able to help someone who needs it, big or small it doesn't matter. I love knowing that I can help someone out to find something or to make them feel not so alone in a new place. It may be one of the most rewarding things I will ever do. Robbie has been super busy with his command and trainings to prepare for the upcoming deployment (boo) He seems to be really enjoying this opportunity and I am so proud of what he has accomplished with it. The rest of our update about us will just be summed up with pictures, then the story on how we found Elphie.

 1 AD CAB Ball
 Color Run
 Halloween
 Practicing his moves 
 I won "Sexiest Costume" at our neighbors party
 Coolest slides at the pumpkin patch in Mesilla
 Anything you can hold and take a small step is $20...this is what we got :-)
 Oktoberfest 2012
Rodeo

 Rodeo
Alpha Chi induction day

Trick or Treat night
One day I was over at Robbie's battalion commanders house talking with his wife about the upcoming Holiday party in the hangar. When I was all packed up and ready to head out she mentioned their neighbor's dog just had puppies and that her and her son were going over to see them. So since we have been wanting a dog for a long time now I asked what kind of pupppies. She said poodles! I about died. My eyes had to have been huge, I REALLY wanted a poodle for multiple reasons. 1. I always had them growing up 2. They are hypoallergenic which is nice since certain dogs mess with me when I'm around them for long periods 3. They don't shed and I can't stand shedding. So we talked about the puppies and she emailed me the pictures she had of them. I talked with the owner to see if Robbie and I could come by to see them. Although I must admit I was sold as soon as I saw Elphie, I picked out everything she would need, started trying to come up with names, etc...I just needed to check with Robbie haha. He was obviously on board also so we went the next night to meet the puppies.  I was beyond hooked at this point and started shopping for her the very next day :-) We came up with multiple names but decided on Elphie Aurora. Elphie is from the musical Wicked (one of the main characters names is Elphaba and she is referred to as Elphie) and then Aurora for Aurora Borealis or Northern lights that you can see in Alaska at Chena Hot Springs where Robbie proposed to me. We decided to go with names that meant something to us to make them even more special.

I am beyond excited to be able to bring Elphie home. She will be 8 weeks while we are in Ohio so we get here once we get home! Its been a long search for a puppy/dog for us and now it all makes sense why all of the other roads we went down didn't work out just right. Elphie is meant to be our furry child, a puppy we will love unconditionally (and I may spoil...). She will be a wonderful addition to our family and will keep me company next year while Robbie is gone. I hope that each of you get to meet her one day either when you come here or we travel through Ohio on one of our many moves. MAYBE one day I will get up the courage to bring her on a plane with me...maybe.

So that is the story of how we found and fell in love with Elphie. Now to finish this post with some adorable pictures of an 11 day old Elphie.

 This may have been from the day she was born, Blake Robbie's BN commanders son is holding her
 With Miss Elphie and her momma Jolly
Elphie and Robbie :-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you two have way too much fun ;) Miss you!!

    -Liz Brown

    ReplyDelete