Saturday, February 25, 2012

UTEP

Today we went to UTEP to check out the Open house they had going on. We were able to talk with a business advisor, admissions and FASFA to get some much needed info. The advisor I talked with briefly gave me info so I can set up and appointment with her to talk about my General business degree, but suggested one of their new degree's to look into also (Entrepreneur) so we will see. I found a flyer about a site connected with the school to help you figure out your degree and I plan on logging on that and seeing what it tells me. Maybe it will come up with a degree I didn't think of!

I am now on the list to attend the March 7th Orientation and updated my enrollment to start this summer. All I need now is my transfer credit evaluation which should be finished soon. 

It feels nice to finally talk with people and get a few things accomplished so I can check them off my list. 

When we walked in we accidentally went through the Frat/Sorority area and were asked by a student if we were parents (aka are you here for your son/daughter who is going to attend school?) I think I can speak for both of us when saying that it took everything in us to not laugh in his face. I mean really...we would have had to have been 7 and 10...Then during the presentation the president of the school was talking about her first job being with switch boards. She said only some in the audience will know what she is talking about and we laughed along with all of the other parents that were attending. It was interesting feeling super 'old' today. Most that we attending are still in high school and are only thinking about college or just applied. I can't wait to be in classes and be with people closer to my age!

When we came home we found our Omaha steak order out front, can't wait to use it! Thanks Julie and Mike!

Now we are relaxing and going to enjoy the quiet weekend. Hope you all get to do the same!


 View of the inside of the Sun Bowl



 Out in front of the Sun Bowl stadium
My turn!

My free shirt I got from the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment